What's Love Got To Do With It? Erotica 101
So the title of this blog post is the title of a workshop I'm presenting at The Chicago Spring Fling, an RWA conference for the Chicago area chapter. For some reason, people think I'm some sort of authority on erotica. Can't imagine why. I've never given a talk on erotica before. I write the stuff but I don't usually go around pontificating on it. That's why I need your help. Readers, I need your thoughts on erotica so I know what the non-writer thinks of erotica, what they like and hate, what they think it is, etc. I'll post some questions below. Answer in the comments or pose your own questions you'd like answered.
- What's the difference between erotica and erotic romance?
- Does erotica intimidate you?
- Do you think there's a difference between erotica and pornography on paper?
- What are you favorite works of erotica?
- What do you like about erotica? hate about it?
- If you read a romance novel with kinky sex or anal sex or other non-standard romance fare in it, do you consider that erotica?
- Do you wish romance novels were more erotic? Or are they too much about sex anyway?
Thanks for your thoughts. Basically I'm trying to get y'all to do my work for me. Much appreciated!